We are two families from Colorado – The husbands are brothers, and the wives are sisters-in-law and the best of friends. Together we have five beautiful daughters ranging from toddler to teen. We completely fell in love with St. Croix after our parents moved here as their permanent residence a few years back. It’s the best of both worlds when you get to visit somewhere so beautiful and spend valuable time with family and friends. St. Croix has such a charming vibe, the people of the island are so friendly, it isn’t as touristy as many of the surrounding islands, there are so many fun foodie spots and endless island-style fun to be had.
Once we visited St. Croix, we knew this was an island we wanted to visit often. When we walked in the front door of this home and saw the impeccable turquoise water and its surreal sunsets, we were instantly hooked. One of our favorite things to do on the property is sitting out back beachfront with our morning coffee or afternoon cocktail, often seen are dolphins or turtles in view. This home is also conveniently located on the West End which offers the most tranquil waters in St Croix, stunning beaches, and incredible world-class snorkeling/diving at the Frederiksted Pier.
- The gorgeous stretch of white sand stretches 1/2 mile south to Frederiksted where you can walk for breakfast and lunch by the pier, or step north to an isolated sandy cove and soak up the rays.
- We often kayak and paddle board up a few doors to one of the best beach bars/restaurants on the island at Rainbow Beach. You can take in the views of turquoise waters, the pier and on clear days you can see Puerto Rico.
- Enjoy snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boards right out the back door. We have kayaked while turtles and dolphins pop right up in front of you. There are numerous fish, turtles, rays and coral to see while you snorkel right off the beach.
- The stars at night are amazing and when conditions are right, the sea also sparkles with what we call the “blue guys”. They are phosphorescent little creatures that are visible when the moon is not too bright.
- St. Croix has hiking, biking, horseback riding, fishing, fabulous scuba diving, shopping, you name it….oh and have I mentioned the food? St. Croix boasts some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean.